Travel to USA, Germany, Italy or the Netherlands July 2014
Applications for YEP 5 are now open. Fly to Germany, Italy, USA or the Netherlands to work?shadow with industry leaders in your business concentration and learn from top mentors how to succeed in business. Flights, accommodation, Meals and Ground transportation fees are paid for you.
The goals of the Young Entrepreneurship program are to increase understanding of the links between entrepreneurial activity and free markets and the importance of transparency and accountability in business and government while providing a professional exchange program between emerging and existing entrepreneurs in Africa and the globe.
The Young Entrepreneur internship program is a structured learning experience and provides YEPs with opportunities for experiential learning, connecting their real world experiences with classroom experiences, and consultations with successful entrepreneurs. The Young Entrepreneur internship program will expand your knowledge and expertise in:
(1) Entrepreneurial thinking;
(2) Basic business management skills;
(3) Methods of attracting investors; and
(4) Ways to design programs to teach these skills to others
You can participate in the programme as a new entrepreneur as long as your business activities are in their early stages.
- “Would-be” entrepreneurs, who are firmly planning to start a business based on a viable business plan;
- Entrepreneurs who have started their own business within the last 3 years.
- The business can be in any sector.
- As a prospective new entrepreneur, you must also meet the following criteria:
- Be a permanent resident in your country;
- Have a concrete project or business idea, reflected in a business plan;
- Clearly demonstrate your motivation and commitment to engage in a working relationship with an experienced entrepreneur from USA, Germany, Italy or the Netherlands;
- Be prepared to contribute to the development of the host entrepreneur’s business and make available your skills and competences;
- Be ready to raise additional funds to cover the costs of the stay abroad if these exceed the Provided Funding.
- Be ready to pay a minimum fee for your YEP membership.
- Sign up as a YEP Member
Active participation in the IBA Global’s Young Entrepreneurs programme offers aspiring new entrepreneurs the chance to experience a wide range of benefits:
- Stay with a successful and experienced entrepreneur in USA, Germany, Italy or the Netherlands to gain relevant business start-up knowledge in a wide range of areas such as marketing, financial accounting, customer relations, business finance etc. ;
- Practical and financial assistance such as issuing contracts, induction courses before the exchange, logistical and local support during the stay, and a grant covering the travel and subsistence costs during the stay abroad;
- Membership of an international business Academy network of successful entrepreneurs;
- Possible opportunities for collaboration and the development of cross-border business co-operation;
- Insights into different cultural and organisational settings and how companies function in different countries;
- Improved language skills;
- Understanding the regulatory framework in another country.